(Posting this a day late because airport Wi-fi is not exactly the best.)
Well, I am finally off to Spain! I am overwhelmed with excitement right now and have been riding this high since last night. This morning I made a playlist feeding off of that high (because all major life events require music, yes?), so here are some songs to get you excited for wherever your journey is taking you next:
- These Old Wings by Anna Nalick—For any new experience, any time of transition or moving forward, this song is one of my absolute favorites.
- Send Me on My Way by Rusted Root—I can’t listen to this song without thinking of the ending of Matilda.
- No Day But Today from Rent—“Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, no day but today.”
- Defy Gravity from Wicked—Because I felt the need to continue the theme of Broadway musicals starring Idina Menzel.
- Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson—Just as in the song, I grew up in a small Midwestern town and am searching for adventure.
- Uncharted by Sara Bareilles—Going into this semester with some planning but also open to wherever the experiences lead me.
- I Lived by One Republic—My New Year’s resolution is to say ‘yes.’ I don’t want to regret missing out on any opportunity.
- Sólo Una Vez by HA-ASH—Since I’m going to Spain at least one of these songs had to be in Spanish, right? Part of the chorus is, “El tiempo va, pasarán las horas.” “Time goes, the hours will pass.” And this trip is the perfect opportunity to keep moving forward in life.
- Compass by Lady Antebellum—“Let your heart, sweetheart, be your compass when you’re lost.”
- Many the Miles by Sara Bareilles—“There’s too many things I haven’t done yet. There’s too many sunsets I haven’t seen.”
- Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine—All about leaving the past behind and focusing on the present.
- Life is a Highway by Tom Cochrane (but I like the Rascal Flatts version better, sorry if that’s blasphemy)—Just celebrating the ride.
- At the Beginning from Anastasia—“We were strangers, starting out on a journey….” A reminder that adventure is not just a list of places you visit but also the people who shape that journey.
- Unwritten by Natasha Beddingfield—“Pen in my hand, ending unplanned.”
Leave a Reply